Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Little Lima Bean

Alright, so you probably guessed it... we are finally expecting!!!! I can't even tell you how excited we are. Kam has been telling us he wants a baby FOREVER, so he is pretty happy that he will be a big brother soon. The whole pregnancy business totally confuses him though. When we told him that I had a baby in my tummy he ripped my shirt up to see it, and when all he saw was my gut he was not impressed. I have been to a couple of doctor appointments and each time he wants to know why we are not taking home his baby. Hopefully when I start to show he will understand a little better.

I am seven weeks along and I feel much different than I did with Kam. I have learned that I was really lucky with Kam :) I have been having "all day" sickness (who ever named it morning sickness anyways?) so I basically carry saltines with me at all times. My mom told me that I just need a saltine IV drip. Even though I don't feel great-I don't mind because it just reassures me that I am pregnant and everything is good (I tend to worry A LOT).

Today we went for an ultrasound and we got to hear a heart beat. How crazy is that? Our little bean has a heart already?!? I know it is pretty early to be sharing the news, but I am too excited to keep it in any longer!

10 comments:

Annie Nielson said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't believe you've already had an ultrasound and heard the heartbeat. I didn't get an ultrasound with Ryan until I went to the mall and had the gender ultrasound. It wasn't until 22 weeks that my doctor did an ultrasound. I'm sorry you've been sick. Isn't it the shits!?! I feel for you. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Congrats again :)

Amber said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I am so happy for you. I know how long you have wanted this. Since you feel different maybe that means its a girl. (I don't know if that really means anything or not, but I felt a little different between my boy and my girls). Congrats again and I think we are going to plan a get together coming up soon.

The Bryan Family said...

Congrats, I am so excited for you, Spence, and Kam. Sorry that you are so sick though, YUCK!!!!

The Higgs' said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you guys. Cam will be such a good big brother. Hope you start feeling better soon. Nothing is worse than feeling nauseated all the time. Good Luck.

Lisa said...

Oh my heck Lace!!!! YEA, YEA, YEA!!! I am SO excited for you guys! I feel bad that you have been sick, but you have a great attitude about it! Keep us posted on everything!

Stephanie said...

Oh, I am so glad:) Congratulations!! Yay, yay, yay!!!

Sandra Mangelson said...

Congratulations! That is exciting news. The sickness will all be over soon, like on your due date. Annie threw up on the day Ryan was born.

Robinson Family said...

I've been meaning to call you and ask you about your dr appt. And you even got an ultrasound. Woohoo!! Hope you get feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That is so fun for you. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Ang said...

What great news!!! How exciting. Sorry you are feeling sick... the things we do for these little ones, huh! And Kam is the perfect age for a baby... he'll be a humongous help. Emma was almost 4 when we had Tal and it's been wonderful!! Congrats again!! Hugs, Angeline