Monday, June 1, 2009

One year ago

I wanted to share a few pics from when Spencer came home from Iraq, one year ago. I really can't believe that he has already been home for that long. I wish the year he was gone went by as fast as this last year has. It has been so good to have him home and I really, really hope that we don't ever have to do it again...

Spencer didn't fly in until about midnight on May 29th. I was so NERVOUS and I had butterflies the whole day leading up to it. I was so excited but also a little scared at what our new lives together again were going to be like.



Spencer's mom, Ann, brought up lots of fun patriotic stuff for us to wear. The little kiddos loved all of it.


Spencer's mom and sisters...I have to mention that Sarah is nine months pregnant in this picture. Doesn't she look great?!? She really should have let me in her secret before I turned into the pillsbury dough boy. Too late now ;)

We had the best seats in the place. We were right in the very front, where all the guys came off the plane, so we were able to find Spence pretty quick. It was so AWESOME to see him, all in one piece and safe at home. We missed him so much! This had to be one of the happiest days of my life.






This is the whole crew that came up. I was so happy that everyone decided to come, even though it was so late. Everyone being there gave Spence the home coming that he deserved!

Seeing all of these pictures again totally brings me to tears...it was such a hard thing to deal with, but I think that our relationship is only stronger having done it. I am so happy that we were lucky enough to have Spencer make it home safe, and I am so grateful to my family for helping us make the best out of our situation. There is always the chance that we might have to do it all over again some day, but until then, I am enjoying every second with him :)

4 comments:

thescotts said...

K, so I am sitting here bawling! So sweet Lac! I am so glad he is home too! AND now you are having another sweet baby! You look darling by the way! So happy for you!
LOVE YOU!

Amber said...

You got me to start crying too! I just couldn't imagine going through what you went through. So glad that he is home now. I am excited to meet your little one soon!

Ang said...

That was really sweet. Who can read that without tearing up?! I can't imagine having to do that. You are one strong lady!! And can I add, you look darling pregnant. You don't need to have any worries there!! Hang in there!! He'll come out, and when he does it'll be double the fun. You'll see what I mean! Good luck. Hugs, Angeline

Tricia said...

Hey Lace - Just wanted to tell you guys THANKS from this grateful American for the sacrifices you all made on our behalf. I LOVED seeing these pics and hearing about when Spence got home! I love and miss you guys!