Friday, July 17, 2009

Feeling Blessed...

I have had a bad attitude lately. I have been feeling picked on and mad that this happened to me, but recently I have realized just how blessed I am.

I have finally accepted the fact that I may never feel 100% again, I may have to take 8 medications everyday, I may have to have a standing appointment at the cardiologist, and I may have to eat "low sodium" the rest of my life. But the thing that I have finally realized is that even though I now have a crappy heart, I am still here and I have an amazing husband, two perfect little boys, and the best family ever.

My sweet mom has basically stopped everything in her life for the past three weeks, just so she can be here to do our laundry, scrub our nasty toilets, make us some dinner, or just let me cry on her shoulder. She is always willing to do whatever we need. Spencer went back to work two days this week and I didn't even have to ask her to come up and help me, she just got up each morning and drove up here so early that I wouldn't even have to make Kam breakfast on my own. She is the BEST and I don't know what I would do without her. I hope she knows how much I love and appreciate her...

Everyone has been so awesome through all this. They take Kam so he doesn't have to just sit at our house while I try and nap, they stop on their way to the grocery store just to see if we need something while they are out, they bring us treats and dinners, they call just to see how I am feeling, they are genuinely concerned and it is so nice.

We are so blessed that Spencer has a steady job and income with really good insurance. I know that the military makes me really mad sometimes, but it really is a good job. Everyone that Spencer works with is so understanding and kind and willing to give Spencer as much time as I need to get back to normal.

And last but not least, I am so blessed to have the best husband in the world. Spence has been so patient with me for the last 10 months. I was not a nice pregnant wife and I have been an even bigger pain to deal with now. Spence has had to do many things that a husband should never have to do for their wife in the past three weeks. While I was in the hospital, he was the one who would help me in the bathroom, or hold my pee bag while I brushed my teeth. Now that we are home, he has not even complained about doing house cleaning, or the grocery shopping. He has tried to find recipes for dinner that follow my new diet. He has learned how to check my blood pressure so that I don't have to worry about getting it checked. He deals with Kam when he is being difficult so I don't get too stressed. He does the laundry and empties the dishwasher before I even ask. He makes sure that I am getting out of the house and doing things that I enjoy so I don't get depressed. He rents me chick flicks and buys me the latest Hollywood gossip magazines.

I am blessed :)

6 comments:

thescotts said...

I LOVE YOU SO DANG MUCH!! I feel so bad that I haven't come over, I just haven't wanted to intrude or get anyone, especially you, sick. Ele and Phin have had colds. BUT, I am sooooooo glad that you are doing better. I am going to head over and see you soon. I want to leave my kiddies home and come alone, so I just have to wait until Jac is around longer than 10 min. HEEHEE!!! Maybe you can come to Grandma's party on Mon. July 27th. Let me know if you directions or anything.
Love you! Take care!
Kel

Kris and Katie said...

Lacy- You are one strong MAMA!! I hope you know how much I care about you guys. You are such a great family, that I am so blessed to know. You guys are such great examples to me. Kam is welcome anytime. We love him to death!

Anonymous said...

Lace, I've been meaning to write you. Gram told me all about your hospital experience. I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that. But I am SO happy that you are okay and that our new little bundle of joy is okay. He is so stinking cute. I think that I am going to HAVE TO try that wink photographer. I love her work. Anyways. We love you. If you need anything we are here. Also know that I am a heart/lung nurse, among many other specialties, if you have any odd ball questions. Hope to see you soon! Give baby kisses from us. And take care of yourself!

TiffanyHarrison said...

Lacy- You have had quite the month! I can't believe all that you have gone through...I am so glad that everything turned out well. Your baby is gorgeous! Good luck with everything. Your mom sounds alot like mine, willing to do anything for you...they are the best! Please know I am just down the street and willing to help in any way needed. Again, good luck with everything!

Johnson said...

Lacy- I was with Martha last night and she was telling me everything. I am so sorry for everything you are going through. You are in our prayers and I really am just around the corner from you so please let me help you in anyway possible!! Take care of yourself and kiss that little baby for me!!!

Bec

Christensen's said...

I had no idea about this! I am glad you are doing okay. Aren't you so grateful for good insurance? Love it that Spencer brings you home the latest Hollywood gossip magazines...I always try to catch up while I am in line at the grocery store.