I started searching the internet about a month before his birthday for ideas. I fell in love with a certain birthday that a photographer had taken pictures of, so naturally I copied it the best I could ;) I am pretty sure I drove Spencer completely crazy. He kept calling the party "Krew's super sweet sixteen". I admit now that I did go a bit overboard and stressed about way to much, but you only turn one once, right?!?
I put Kelsey to work the morning of the party to help me throw together this banner, I am so glad we did too, because it turned out so cute! The tissue paper garlands were hanging all around in the trees. They were so easy and cheap to make, but they took alot of time. Just ask Spence ;)
Yum. Candy bar. I collected different jars at yard sales and thrift stores for this. I think the most I spent on a jar was .75 cents.
The dessert bar. My mom and I made these stands by gluing bowls and cups to plates from the dollar store. I made the cupcake liners from a pattern I found on the internet.
This is his cake...isn't it the cutest cake EVER? I had it made by Ashley Waters. She went above and beyond what I imagined. Really, she is amazing! Just look at the the tiny little details on the shoes. Amazing.
My sweet mom made this hat and Krew wouldn't have anything to do with it.
One of the monsters on the paper that we used for the main theme had a funny mustache, so my mom cut out these fancy staches for everyone to play with. Kam thought it was pretty awesome, Krew didn't know what to think.
I literally made his shirt as I was walking out the door to go decorate. I had big plans to make one for Kam to wear too, but I just ran out of time.
Birthday boy with Martha.
Gram and Kels
Gram, Kelsey, and Grandma Stay
I think Tanner liked the mustaches.
Colleen and Grandpa Sorensen.
Hanging out on Poppy's lap
My and my little monster. He is too sweet.
Love this mug.
Luke having fun blasting the older boys with water balloons.
Me and Doug.
Gram and Poppy
Grandma and Grandpa Stay
Anna and Brannen getting their stache on
The little man working the glasses.
Me and Kels, looking really cute ;)
Mom and I
Grandpa Sorensen and I
Devin loved the mustache too
James
My sweet Poppy
My mom and Kels
David gave the stache a new, exciting purpose ;)
Doug and Ann
Kimmy and Josh
My mom, Kels, and I
Krew was NOT a fan of his cake. He didn't like it at all. He tried to ignore it and pretend like it wasn't even there.
After we broke into the real cake, the monster' various body parts were claimed by the kids. Kam ended up with the mouth. He looks pretty sweet. BTW, I made sure to keep a sneaker from the monster. I don't know what I will do with it but it was seriously too cute to throw away ;)
Finally playing in the cake, but still won't eat it.
We decided to throw in a piece of licorice to mix things up a bit. He dug that.
He was a MESS.
Huge mess.
Wow.
Morgan and Ali
My cute Dad
Spence and I
Krew had a naked bath in the river. It was freezing, but he didn't mind at all.
Happy and cold. He was shivering soooo much.
I think Kam liked the cake ;)
Me and my big monster

My Dad and I
Krew bug and Uncle Josh
Happy Birthday little man. We LOVE you!









3 comments:
SO cute! I love the birthday theme!! How did you make all of the monsters--like on the candy buffet jars, etc? Seriously, could you pass me 1/4 of your creativity...thanks.
BTW, Happy Birthday Krew!
super cute!!! looks like so much fun. love the mustaches :)
Seriously you and Spence have the cutest boys! Happy birthday to little Krew! What a darling party.
Post a Comment