Monday, April 13, 2009

Finishing the Basement

With the baby on his way, we have taken on the task of finishing our basement so we will still be able to have a guest room. I can't wait for this to be finished! It will be SO NICE to have somewhere for the mass amounts of toys that Kam has and just to be able to send Kam down there to play and not be afraid of him being eaten by a spider falling out of the ceiling rafters.

We are so LUCKY to have some talented men in our family. My Step dad, James, and Spencer framed the whole thing out in a couple of days. Then my Dad, Paul, came for a visit this last weekend to help Spence out with all of the electrical. It is coming along quite nicely. The plan is to have it all finished by July, but Spencer has a lot of work stuff coming up and I think the baby's due date is going to creep up on us sooner than we think! Wish us luck :)

Every time I go down in the basement with my camera, I hear moans and groans. Apparently it is not cool to have to turn your head and smile at me while you are working...Oh well, they all had to just deal with it :)

No comments: