Sunday, August 16, 2009

Some updates...

Last week my computer died so I haven't been able to get on here and do much. So while I had the chance, I thought I would just post a quick update on the things going on in our lives. Sorry pictures will have to wait....

Krew is growing like a weed. He is now seven weeks and has doubled in weight since birth, just over 9 lbs now. I am really not quite sure how because he has turned into quite the little puker. Not just spit up, it is projectile. Yuck. I am thinking that we are going to have to start some meds for his reflux problem. He is trying to smile...at least I think he his. When he is looking at you while you talk you can see his eyes smile and it is like he is trying to figure out how to make the rest work. I love it when babies start responding to you when you are acting like a weirdo in front of them...I can't wait :) Krew is no longer the little silent angel he was for the first few weeks of his life, he now has a little attitude. Not too bad, but he lets you know if he doesn't want to be in his car seat or if he doesn't want to be messed with. It kinda cracks us up when he is pitching a fit because he never did it for so long. He is starting to sleep pretty good, but he is so loud. He is a total grunter and is never really quiet, but he goes 5-6 hours straight at night without needing to eat. It is SO nice! Now if we could just get Kam to do the same. (He is a mess when it comes to sleeping in his own bed all night...he thinks of any excuse to show up and need one of us all night long...UGHH). Anyways, we are just loving this little guy and wishing that we could just freeze him forever and not let him grow up. They grow up way too fast!

Now a little update on my health. I am doing SO much better!!! I am starting to feel like my old self again and like I can deal with this forever if I have to. I can go up and down my stairs to do laundry and I don't even have to sit down once I get to the top...I know this sounds silly, but this is a major improvement :) I can also go get groceries, go to the mall, go on walks, etc. It feels SO GOOD!

I had another echo cardiogram about 1 1/2 weeks ago and it showed us lots of improvement. My ejection fraction (which for a normal, healthy person is at 55-75%) has gone up to 48%. This is so much better than where I was at a 26%. The doc was really impressed and encouraged by this, enough to take me off of three of my meds. YAY! Also, my heart was no longer enlarged and is completely back to the normal size! I have felt so much better since I have been off the diuretic. It was dehydrating me and making me feel really dizzy and crappy. My doctor decided I didn't need to go back to see him for three weeks, then we will talk about any other medicine changes at that point.

Kam starts his second year of preschool in a couple of weeks and we are both pretty excited about it! We tend to butt heads pretty good and it is healthy for the the both of us to have a little break once in a while :) Anyways, that is what is going on here...I will get some new pictures up as soon as I have a new computer. Hopefully this week sometime!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Hey Lace -
So happy to hear you're doing so much better! And new computers rock - woohoo!

Gates Family said...

Lace, That's wonderful news to know you are doing so much better. It's so fun when babies start to get their own personalities. :) Good luck to Kam in school.

Jen said...

Lacy,

You probably don't remember me (I know Spence does) but I grew up just down the street from Doug and Ann. Anyhow...I had heard from Doug about your birth experience, and after reading your blog about what happened - I couldn't help but empathize with you about your experience! I, too, had a "birth from hell" experience when we had our daughter. I was induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e, had an infection after birth and basically felt HORRIBLE right after! 4 days after going home I was readmitted with BAD pre-e and was then administered the devils juice (magnesium) for 3 more nights. Ended up that shortly after I gave birth I was diagnosed with Cushings Disease and had brain surgery when my daughter was 6 months old to remove a brain tumor. The reason I tell you this story is because I have felt (and still do) those same feelings that I may never feel like my old self again. It sucks! There were many times following my daughters birth that I literally believed I would die - it was definitely one of the darkest times in my life! But..being almost 3 years past that experience, I have sadly come to accept the fact that I am a "new" me - I will never feel like the old me...but that I am truly blessed to be alive and am blessed to be a mother. I am so sorry that this happened to you...please know that the Lord is mindfull of your struggles and He will help you through this. :)
Jen (O'Camb) Coy

Stephanie said...

So glad to see you're doing well! I've completely been out of touch with the blogging world....I need to get back on the wagon. Your boys are SO darling. Love all your pictures!